I really, really love prawns and can eat them by themselves washed down with an icy cold dry white or champagne. I also love them with chilli. The two ingredients seem to complement each other so well and spring onions and spinach are just so delicious. So I added them to this dish.
I made enough for a single main but it would do two as a supper.
• 100g linguine
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 4 spring onions, ends trimmed & finely chopped
• ½ green capsicum finely sliced
• 50g baby spinach leaves
• 2 small green or red chillies, seeded and finely chopped. I used my fresh frozen chilli plus a teasp chilli paste
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 100g prawns – cooked and peeled
• ½ cup dry white wine
• Big splash of lemon and dill flavoured oil (gorgeous flavour)
• 2 finely grated rind lemons
• 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Cook linguine according to packet directions.
When the pasta is about 5 minutes from being cooked, heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the white parts of the spring onions, garlic, capsicum and chilli and cook for 1-2min. Add prawns and cook for 1min, stirring occasionally. Add the wine and swirl to deglaze the wok, reduce sauce by half.
Add the lemon juice and rind to the prawns. Slowly pour the olive oil into the pan, stirring to emulsify.
Toss drained linguine in with the sauce. Add the greens from the spring onions and the baby spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Serves one as a main or maybe two as a light supper.